Dallas Holiday Destinations for 2022
The holiday season is right around the corner, and we personally at Longhorn Charter Bus are very excited! To celebrate the holiday season in Dallas, we have put together a list of some of the best holiday activities in Dallas for 2022. Read on to learn about activities at some of the top attractions in Dallas, such as the Zoo and Arboretum, and even for some holiday activities in neighboring Fort Worth.
If you need group transportation for your holiday festivities, let us at Longhorn Charter Bus be your guide. The Dallas bus rentals in our network are modern and comfortable and come with all the amenities you need to enjoy the ride. Charter buses are a cost-effective, eco-friendly, and fun way to travel through Dallas with your group for some of the city’s best festive activities. Our reservation specialists are available 24/7 whenever you are ready to book. Just call 214-206-8432 and you can secure a rental in as little as ten minutes.
Zoo Lights at the Dallas Zoo
November 17 to January 1
Head to the Dallas Zoo for their annual Zoo Lights! See more than a million lights across the zoo, holiday-themed displays, festive holiday treats and photo opportunities, nightly musical performances, and more. And if you are looking for a girls’ night out or date night opportunity, try the adult-only night at the Dallas Zoo on November 29. From 6:00 to 9:00 PM, guests aged 21+ will have the zoo to themselves to enjoy all the holiday splendor. Plus, new this year are giant lanterns in different animal shapes of the animals that inhabit the zoo.
Address: 650 S R L Thornton Fwy, Dallas, TX 75203
Phone: (469) 554-7501
Holiday at the Arboretum
November 10 to December 31
Holiday at the Dallas Arboretum returns with more fantastical displays for the 2022 holiday season. By day, explore the beautiful gardens and Christmas village, and by night, see more than a million twinkling holiday lights, along with children’s activities and other music and entertainment. New this year is The Artistry of Faith & Culture, an exhibit in the historic DeGolyer House that celebrates the religious diversity of Dallas, and features the three major holidays celebrated by most in Dallas: Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa.
Address: 8525 Garland Rd, Dallas, TX 75218
Phone: (214) 515-6615
Trains at NorthPark Center
November 12 to January 6
While you are out doing your holiday shopping, don’t forget to visit the Trains at NorthPark. The Trains at NorthPark Center is a Dallas tradition for 35 years running that benefits the Ronald McDonald House of Dallas. As the largest miniature train exhibit in Texas, the exhibit features 1,600 feet of track and more than 750 railcars. The miniature train exhibit chronicles a journey from the colorful autumn leaves of New England all the way to San Francisco’s Golden Gate Bridge, with plenty of stops in between, and even some alien visitors from outer space.
Address: 8687 N US 75-Central Expy 1000, Dallas, TX 75225
Phone: (214) 363-7441
Fort Worth Botanic Garden’s Lightscape
November 18 to November 20
Feel like making a short, 30-minute drive out of Dallas to catch some holiday cheer? Head to Fort Worth and check out the Lightscape exhibit at the Fort Worth Botanic Garden. The internationally renowned Lightscape exhibit is a fantastical journey of sound, lights, and senses. Walk a one-mile path decorated with tunnels of light, a fire garden, fields of glowing bluebonnets, sculptures, and even singing trees. While you walk, enjoy sipping some hot chocolate or take a break to roast some marshmallows over an open fire.
Address: 3220 Botanic Garden Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76107
Phone: (817) 463-4160
Charter bus tip: Need group transportation out of Dallas to visit the Fort Worth Botanic Garden? Longhorn can provide charter bus rentals in Fort Worth for corporate groups, field trips, private groups, and more.
Texas Motor Speedway’s Gift of Lights
November 24 to January 1
While you are in the Fort Worth area checking out the Botanic Garden, be sure to also see the Gift of Lights at the Texas Motor Speedway. From the comfort of your own vehicle, drive through two miles and more than two million Christmas lights and elaborate holiday light displays. Rent a charter bus or minibus for the drive, and listen to Christmas music over the PA system while your professional bus driver takes the wheel. The venue only charges $60 for the entire bus, making it a budget-friendly group activity for your trip to Dallas and Fort Worth.
Address: 3545 Lone Star Cir, Fort Worth, TX 76177
Phone: (817) 215-8500
The Galleria Shopping Mall in Dallas is abuzz with holiday spirit for 2022, offering tons of activities for all ages. Most of these events require registration, so be sure to register online and check for specific event times before you go. On select dates during the holiday season, more than 60 local groups will perform holiday favorite songs throughout the mall.
- SNOWDAY: An immersive holiday photo experience perfect for Christmas cards. November 18 to January 8.
- Visit Santaland: Get your picture taken with Santa. November 18 to December 24. You can also visit with a Spanish-speaking Santa from December 1 to 15, and a special sensory-friendly Santa visit for children on the spectrum on December 18. This year, even your dog can meet Santa! From November 30 to December 21, bring any furry friend under 100 pounds for a photo with Santa.
- Grand Tree Lighting Celebration: Watch the grand tree get lit, and watch an ice skating show with an ice-skating Santa and a fireworks finale. November 25 and November 26.
- Grand Holiday Ice Show: Watch the iconic, ticketed show that benefits The Family Place and Broadway Dallas. December 4 and December 11.
- Slappy’s Holiday Circus: Experience a European circus, complete with holiday puppets, musicians, clowns, contortionists, and jugglers. This show is free and family-friendly. November 25 to December 17.
- Storytime with Mrs. Claus: Hear classic Christmas tales read by Mrs. Claus. November 26 to December 17.
- Illumination Celebration: See the nation’s tallest indoor Christmas tree illuminated in grand fashion for a special music and lights show. November 25 to December 24.
- Operation Kindness Pet Adoption: Bring home a new lifelong furry friend this holiday season. November 25 to December 24.
- Hanukkah Menorah Lighting: Celebrate the first night of Hanukkah with a large-scale menorah lighting. December 18.
- The Salvation Army Angel Tree: Adopt an angel to hang on the Salvation Army Christmas tree. The first 500 donors will receive a complimentary Galleria Dallas ornament. November 4 to December 2.
Address: 13350 Dallas Pkwy, Dallas, TX 75240
Phone: (972) 702-7100
Get Festive with Longhorn Charter Bus
Bring Longhorn Charter Bus along for the ride this holiday season! We have experience providing transportation for all different kinds of groups, and the bus drivers in our network are reliable, professional, and dedicated to your safety and enjoyment. If you have any questions, we are more than happy to assist you. Just give us a call at 214-206-8432 when you are ready. Safe travels and happy holidays!